Thursday, June 9, 2011

Just a Small Town Girl,

I live in a small, middle of nowhere town.  It gets pretty boring and we knock it all the time.  I recently dated a boy from phili, and in visiting and talking to him I realize some of the things I take for granted. Not only is it safe in comparison but its home. Last summer four boys, 3 in my grade one a year above were in a serious car accident, within hours the whole town knew and were taking serious action to care for these boys and their families. The boy who was driving had serious brain damage and had to undergo some serious surgeries and long term care in the local hospital. He will never play sports again, and struggles to walk up the stairs, but he didn't miss a single football game this season, and still smiles at everyone in the halls, and on June 3rd the entire town gave him a standing ovation as he walked across the stage to get his diploma. It was a moment full of a joy and pride, and I'm glad to call all of these people my family and call this my hometown. Even if the most exciting thing to do is hang out at sheetz.

No comments:

Post a Comment